The Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India virtually launched the “MANAS” App to promote wellbeing across age groups.
– MANAS stands for Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System.
– MANAS is a comprehensive, scalable, and national digital wellbeing platform and an app developed to augment mental well-being of Indian citizens.
– The App integrates the health and wellness efforts of various government ministries, scientifically validated indigenous tools with gamified interfaces developed/researched by various national bodies and research institutions.
– It was initiated by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India.
– It was jointly executed by NIMHANS Bengaluru, AFMC Pune and C-DAC Bengaluru.
– The app must be integrated with the public health schemes like the National Health Mission, Poshan Abhiyan, e-Sanjeevani and others so that it is used widely.
– Catering to the overall wellbeing of people of all age groups, the initial version of MANAS focuses on promoting positive mental health in the age group of 15-35 years.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams
The Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India is Prof. K Vijay Raghavan.