Javier Olivan, the current chief growth officer at Meta Platforms, will take over as the company’s chief operating officer after Sheryl Sandberg stepped down from the post. Olivan has been with Meta, formerly known as Facebook, for several years, contributing to its explosive expansion. Olivan will be responsible for the advertising and business products while continuing to head infrastructure and corporate development.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Who is Javier Olivan?
- Olivan grew up in a small town in the Pyrenees Mountains of northern Spain but now lives in Palo Alto, California, with his family.
- He studied electrical and industrial engineering at the University of Navarra and also holds a Master’s degree in business administration from Stanford University, Facebook revealed.
- Prior to joining Facebook, he worked with Siemens AG where he is said to have led a cross-functional team responsible for the development and market launch of handset devices. He also worked for Japan’s NTT Data, his LinkedIn account revealed.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Meta CEO: Mark Zuckerberg;
- Meta Founded: February 2004, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.