The Ministry of Education announced that this year India will celebrate ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas’ in a grand manner in schools, and higher education institutions on 15 November 2022. The Janjatiya Gaurav Divas was a name given on 15 November 2021 by the Union Cabinet of the Government of India to remember the contribution of tribal freedom fighters, as part of the year-long celebration of the 75th anniversary of Indian independence.
Ministry of Education to celebrates ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas’- Key Points
- The Government declared 15 November as ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’ dedicated to the memory of brave tribal freedom fighters.
- The initiative has been taken under the leadership of Union Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- 15th November is the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda who is revered as Bhagwan by tribal communities across the country.
- Birsa Munda was an iconic freedom fighter, social reformer, and revered tribal leader of the country, who fought bravely against the exploitative system of the British colonial government.
- He organized and led the tribal movement, giving a call for “Ulgulan” (Revolt) to the tribals. He encouraged tribals to understand their cultural roots and observe unity.
- The Ministry of Education in association with the AICTE, UGC, Central Universities, Private Universities, other HEIs, CBSE, KVS, NVS, and Skilling institutions is celebrating ‘JanjatiyaGaurav Divas’ to commemorate the contribution of the tribal freedom fighters.