Rising Sun Water Fest 2022 culminated with a grand Closing Ceremony at Umiam Lake, Meghalaya. The Rising Sun Water Fest 2022 was a three-day watersport and it was held from 3th to 5th November 2022. Rising Sun Water Fest 2022 was the first of its kind in the North East and aimed at encouraging the sports-loving youth of North East to take up water sports like Rowing and Sailing. It also aimed at promoting tourism in the North East.
Rising Sun Water Fest-2022 culminates in Meghalaya- Key Points
- Rising Sun Water Fest 2022 was an initiative by the Indian Army’s Eastern Command with the governments of Assam and Meghalaya.
- The three-day event was witnessed by a large number of viewers, locals as well visitors from other cities and states.
- A total of 22 clubs from across the country took part in the event.
- The Rowing Trophy was won by the DGAR team, securing one gold and one silver medal.
- The Sailing Trophy was won by the Yachting Club of Hyderabad securing three gold, two silver, and one bronze medal.
- Hon’ble CM of Assam Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma was the Chief guest for the closing ceremony, along with Lieutenant General RP Kalita, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Command, Air Marshal SP Dharkar, AOC-in-C, Eastern, Air Command and many dignitaries graced the occasion.
- The closing ceremony included a cultural performance by Assamese star Ms. Rupali Kashyap who mesmerized the audience.
- The Hon’ble CM of Assam felicitated the participants and Clubs for their outstanding performances.