The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued “Unlock 4” guidelines for the phased re-opening of activities in areas outside the Containment Zones. The “Unlock 4” guidelines will be effective from September 1, 2020. These guidelines have been framed on the basis of feedback obtained from States and Union Territories, and extensive consultations held with related Central Ministries and Departments.
Key features of the “Unlock 4” guidelines are as follows:
- According to the new guidelines, Metro rail will be permitted to operate with effect from 7th September 2020 in a graded manner.
- New guidelines permits the Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other congregations with a ceiling of 100 persons, with effect from 21st September 2020. All the above gatherings will have to follow mandatory wearing of face masks, social distancing, provision for thermal scanning and hand wash or sanitizer.
- It also allows the opening of Open air theatres with effect from 21st September 2020.
- No restrictions will be there on Inter-State and intra-State movement.
- The Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will continue to remain closed for students and regular class activity up to 30th September 2020. Although, Students of classes 9 to 12 may be permitted to visit their schools, in areas outside the Containment Zones only, on voluntary basis, with effect from 21st September 2020.
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres (excluding open air theatre) and similar places will continue to remain closed.
- Lockdown shall is stated to be implemented strictly in the Containment Zones till 30th September, 2020.
- Department of Higher Education (DHE) will permit the Higher Education Institutions only for research scholars (Ph.D.) and post-graduate students of technical and professional programmes requiring laboratory/ experimental works, in consultation with Ministry of Home Affairs.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister of Home Affairs: Amit Shah.