The Union Ministry of Textiles has launched a campaign for Diwali- “Local4Diwali”. The campaign has been launched to promote the Indian handicraft which is the cultural heritage of the country and also a source of livelihood for many. As per the available data, the handicrafts sector is a major sector of women empowerment as almost 55% of the workers and artisans are women.
Aim of the Local4Diwali Campaign
- The main aim of the #Local4Diwali campaign is to urge people to buy and gift Indian handicraft products on this Diwali.
- The basic aim of the campaign is to give a boost to Indian handicrafts and artisans.
- This campaign will help the handicraft artisans and workers in increasing their sales and promoting their business.
- After the promotion of the idea of “Vocal for Local” by PM Modi, every sector is working towards promoting local businesses and strengthening Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of Textiles: Smriti Zubin Irani.