“Mission Schools of Excellence” unveiled by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi: The ‘Mission Schools of Excellence’ is an ambitious project in Gandhinagar with the dual goals of reforming the curriculum in Gujarat’s public schools and countering the Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) criticisms of the State government for the low quality of education.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
‘Mission Schools of Excellence’ launched by PM Modi: Key Points
- The ‘Mission Schools of Excellence’, has a budget of 10,000 crore and is partially supported by the World Bank.
- It was designed to improve the state’s educational infrastructure by constructing new classrooms, smart classrooms, computer labs, and other improvements.
- Over 5,567 crore worth of school infrastructure upgrades would be carried out during its first phase.
- In addition to 1.5 lakh smart classrooms, 50,000 classrooms, 20,000 computer labs, and 5,000 Atal Tinkering labs will be built as part of the project in government schools.
- Earlier, Mr. Modi had opened a school monitoring centre in Gandhinagar and urged all States to establish such cutting-edge facilities to raise the standard of instruction in classrooms.
Mission Schools of Excellence: About
- The ‘Mission Schools of Excellence’ project was started after AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal sent his deputy Manish Sisodia to Gujarat to compare the educational standards in public schools in the two States.
- The recently introduced 5G services, according to the prime minister, would fundamentally alter the nation’s educational system.
- It will advance the educational system beyond smart buildings, smart classrooms, and smart lessons.
- The power of virtual reality and the Internet of Things will be accessible to our kids in the classroom.
- Gujarat has pioneered and advanced the most in the nation with the “Mission Schools of Excellence.”