Smt Annpurna Devi, who is the union MoS for Education has given National ICT Awards to 49 teachers from all over the country. In her speech on this event, she told that the NEP-2020 emphasizes on the efficient use of technology in the field of teaching, which will remove the language barriers and increase access for DIVYANG students.
KEY POINTS (Speech OF MoS for Education)
- The Information and Communication Technology [ICT] intervention under Samagra Shiksha also has inclusions to provide technological upgradations to schools and Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs).
- DIKSHA, school MOOCs on SWAYAM, PMeVIDYA, ePathshala, ICT Curriculum for Teachers and Students and National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement integrated teacher training programme through online mode are among the flagship projects to bridge the digital divide.
- The role of teachers in nation-building is appreciable and a Guru (teacher) is given the most respectful person in Indian Society.
- The recent budget announcements by the Govt. of India have provided the impetus to each and every digital education initiative.
AIM OF ICT AWARDS:
- Recognition in the form of a National Award for ICT in Education for school teachers indirectly motivates instructors to utilise ICT extensively and significantly in their classrooms by combining content pedagogy and technology.
- It has now been foreseen to extend this Award to the Teacher Educators for the States & UTs for their best educational practices.
- These ICT Awardees are also given the task of serving as ICT Ambassadors, expanding the reach of ICT in Education through their ongoing efforts to mentor other teachers.