Highest Wicket Taker in World Cup 2023
Mohammed Shami claimed the title of the most wicket-taker in the 2023 Cricket World Cup after a stellar seven-wicket performance against New Zealand in the semifinal held in Mumbai. Shami’s outstanding bowling display, where he took seven wickets for 57 runs, marked the best ODI bowling figures by an Indian. Following Shami, Adam Zampa secured the second position on the list with 22 wickets in nine matches, while Dilshan Madushanka holds the third spot with 21 wickets in nine games.
Top Wicket Taker in World Cup 2023
Top Wicket Taker in World Cup 2023: Shami achieved a remarkable feat by taking seven wickets for 57 runs, setting a new record for the World Cup best bowler by an Indian. Adam Zampa holds the second spot on the list with 22 wickets in nine matches, followed by Dilshan Madushanka in third place with 21 wickets from nine games. Check the list of ICC World Cup 2023 Leading Wicket-Taker:
|Mohammed Shami (IND)||6||23||5.01||9.13||7/57|
|Adam Zampa (AUS)||9||22||5.26||18.90||4/8|
|Dilshan Madushanka (SL)||9||21||6.70||25.00||5/80|
|Jasprit Bumrah (IND)||10||18||3.98||18.33||4/39|
|Gerald Coetzee (SA)||7||18||6.40||19.38||4/44|
|Shaheen Afridi (PAK)||9||18||5.93||26.72||5/54|
|Marco Jansen (SA)||8||17||6.41||24.41||3/31|
|Ravindra Jadeja (IND)||10||16||4.25||22.18||5/33|
|Mitchell Santner (NZ)||10||16||4.84||28.06||5/59|
|Bas de Leede (NED)||9||16||7.26||30.43||4/62|
Highest Wicket Takers in World Cup 2023
Highest Wicket Takers in World Cup: Leading the charts is the seasoned Indian pacer, Mohammed Shami, who has showcased his bowling prowess by securing an impressive 23 wickets in just 6 matches. Following closely is the Australian spinner, Adam Zampa, who holds the second position with a notable 22 wickets from 9 matches.
- Mohammed Shami leads the wicket-taking charts in the 2023 ODI World Cup, having taken 23 wickets in 6 matches as the senior pacer for India.
- Adam Zampa, the Australian spinner, holds the second position in the wicket-takers list of the ODI World Cup 2023, securing 22 wickets from 9 matches.
- Dilshan Madhushanka from Sri Lanka is currently the third-highest wicket-taker in the 2023 ODI World Cup, claiming 21 wickets across 9 matches.
- Jasprit Bumrah, another key Indian pacer, occupies the fifth spot in the wicket-takers ranking for the ODI World Cup 2023, securing 18 wickets in 10 matches.
- Gerald Coetzee, the talented South African right-arm pacer, sits at the fourth position in the ODI World Cup 2023 wicket-takers list, having taken 18 wickets in 7 matches.
Top Wickets taker in ICC World Cup-Mohammed Shami
Check all the records of Mohammed Shami’s remarkable achievements including becoming the fastest bowler to reach 50 wickets in the World Cup, a feat accomplished by dismissing Tom Latham at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- Mohammed Shami achieved the distinction of becoming the quickest bowler to reach 50 wickets in the ODI World Cup by dismissing Tom Latham at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- Additionally, Mohammed Shami secured the record for the highest number of five-wicket hauls in the history of World Cups, surpassing Australia’s Starc, who had three such hauls from 26 matches. Shami’s achievement extends to setting a new record for the most five-wicket hauls in a single edition of the World Cup, achieving three fifers in the ongoing mega event on Indian soil.
- Furthermore, Mohammed Shami established a record for the most wickets by an Indian in a single edition of the ODI World Cup, surpassing Zaheer Khan’s tally of 21 wickets from nine matches in the 2011 mega event.
- In a remarkable feat, Mohammed Shami also claimed the record for the best bowling figures in ODIs against New Zealand, breaking the previous record held by former Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar, who registered figures of 9-1-16-6 in April 2002 at the National Stadium in Karachi.
- Notably, Mohammed Shami achieved the fifth-best bowling figures in the history of World Cups, becoming the fifth bowler, alongside Glenn McGrath, Andy Bichel, Tim Southee, and Winston Davis, to secure a seven-wicket haul in a World Cup match.
Best Bowling Figures In World Cup 2023
Mohammad Shami from India, delivered the best bowling figures, including a sensational 7/57 against New Zealand and an impressive 5/18 against Sri Lanka. Ravindra Jadeja, another key player for India, displayed his prowess with a notable 5/33 against South Africa. Additionally, Shaheen Afridi of Pakistan demonstrated his bowling excellence by securing figures of 5/54 against Australia, while Mohammad Shami continued to shine with another impressive performance, taking 5/54 against New Zealand. These remarkable bowling figures added excitement and drama to the World Cup, showcasing the exceptional talent and competitiveness of the bowlers on the global stage.
- Mohammad Shami (India) – 7/57 vs New Zealand
- Mohammad Shami (India) – 5/18 vs Sri Lanka
- Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 5/33 vs
- South Africa Shaheen Afridi (Pakistan) – 5/54 vs Australia
- Mohammad Shami (India) – 5/54 vs New Zealand