Tripura Government has announced a special scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami Kalyan Prakalpa’ for tea workers. A special scheme, allotting Rs. 85 crores for its implementation, as a step towards bringing the 7000 tea garden workers of Tripura under the social security net. This special scheme would ensure housing, rations, and financial support to the tea garden workers by integrating the facilities that are entitled to them, by the state government and the central government.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- About 75% of the 7000 tea garden workers are women and they produce nearly 90 lakh kilograms of tea through 54 tea estates & 21 tea processing factories across the state. The tea production is mainly distributed in the North, Sepahijala, Unakoti, and West Tripura districts.
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister, Amit Shah had recently inaugurated the year 2022 Women Empowerment Campaign and Chief Minister Shramik Kalyan Prakalp scheme for the women of Tripura on the occasion of International Women’s Day & has also laid the foundation stone for National Forensic Sciences University in Agartala, capital of Tripura.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tripura Capital: Agartala;
- Tripura Chief Minister: Biplab Kumar Deb;
- Tripura Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya.