Mysuru and Hampi are the two popular destinations in Karnataka to be promoted as a part of the new Tourism policy ‘The Swadesh Darshan 2.0 Scheme, which focuses on revving up destination tourism. Mysuru and Hampi are among the 19 places identified across the eight states and UTs in India to be promoted under the Swadesh Darshan 2.0 Scheme. This destination has seen high football throughout the years and played an important role in the history of South India.
Mysuru, Hampi Enlisted Under Centre’s Swadesh Darshan 2.0 Scheme- Key Points
- It is a moment of pride for Karnataka, as Hampi and Mysuru have been enlisted for the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- The Swadesh Darshan Scheme was launched in 2014-15 to promote, develop, and harness the potential of tourism and the integrated development of theme-based tourism.
- Under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme, two destinations from each state have been picked.
- The state includes Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Goa, Gujarat, and Kerala.
- There are eight states and UTs included in the scheme.
About Swadesh Darshan Scheme
Swadesh Darshan Scheme was launched by the Ministry of Tourism, India. The scheme aims to develop integrated theme-based tourism circuits. The scheme also aims to promote, develop, and harness the potential of tourism in India.
The Swadesh Darshan Scheme was launched in 2014-15. There are 15 thematic circuits identified under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.