Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) has been ranked 1st in Services Sectors across categories Gross Block, Value Addition, Net Profit, Net Worth, Dividend Declaration, and Contribution to the Central Exchequer and has also been ranked 3rd among the Top 10 profit-making Closes.
The results were published in the Public Enterprises Survey 2021-2022 by the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE), Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
Power Grid Ranked 1st in Services Sector in PE Survey 2021-22- Key Points
- The Public Enterprises Survey is a unique data repository to measure the progress and contribution of the CPSEs to the Indian economy.
- The total transmission assets of POWERGRID and its subsidiary as on 31st December 2022 include 1,73,791 circuit km of transmission lines.
- It also includes 270 substations and a transformation capacity of 4,93,043 MVA.
- POWERGRID has maintained transmission system availability by more than 99%.
- This was possible with the use of state-of-the-art maintenance techniques, automation, and digitization.
About Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd
Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd is an Indian Central public sector under the ownership of the Ministry of Power, Government of India. It is engaged in the transmission of bulk power across different states of India. The headquarters of POWERGRID is situated in Gurugram. Power Grid accounts for about 50% of the total power transmitted in India.
The Power Grid Corporation Ltd was incorporated on 23rd October 1989 under the Companies Act 1956. The original name of POWERGRID was “National Power Transmission Corporation Limited”.