Rajasthani film, Naanera, directed by Deepankar Prakash bagged the ‘Golden Kailasha’ award for the best movie at the Ajanta-Ellora Film Festival. Naanera (Grandfather’s House) revolves around Manish (Main Character). After the death of his father, Manish’s uncle starts taking his life’s decisions.
The character’s journey leads him to a questionable point when he begins a secret love affair with a cousin and the family finds itself in the middle of another death. Naanera has also bagged awards for best director, best screenplay, and best editor.
‘Naanera’ bagged ‘Golden Kailasha’ Award in Ajanta-Ellora Film Festival- Key Points
- The Best Picture award was announced by FIPRESSCI India Jury N Vidyashakar. The award included a trophy and a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh.
- The Ajanta-Ellora Film Festival is currently in its eighth edition, and it took place in Aurangabad from 11th January to 15th January 2022.
- Kannada film Koli Esru (Chicken Curry), won awards for best child artist (Apeksha Chorna Hallid the best actress for Akshatha Pandavapura.
- The film revolves around a young mother in the village who goes out of her way to fulfill her daughter’s wish to eat chicken curry.
- Jeetu Kamal won the best actor prize for the Bengali film Aparajito. Kamal played the role of Indian Cinema legend Satyajit Ray in the film which traces the journey of the directors he worked with on his debut 1955 film Pather Panchali.
- 55 Films were screened in the five-day Ajanta-Ellora Film Festival. The Ajanta-Ellora Film Festival was organized after two years of the pandemic.