National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) India and the South Asia Regional Anti-Doping Organization (SARADO) joined forces through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at strengthening regional cooperation in anti-doping efforts. The signing took place at the NADA India – SARADO Cooperation Meet in New Delhi, in the presence of Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports and Information & Broadcasting, Government of India, and other distinguished delegates.
The MoU and Objectives
The MoU signed between NADA India and SARADO sets the foundation for increased regional cooperation in anti-doping in sports over a three-year period. The key objectives outlined in the MoU include:
- Anti-Doping Education & Prevention Program: Developing a comprehensive program to educate athletes and stakeholders in South Asia about anti-doping measures and prevention strategies.
- Training & Upskilling: Providing training and upskilling opportunities for sample collection personnel, educators, and other anti-doping education officers in the region.
- Courses, Seminars, Workshops, Research & Exchange Tours: Organizing events and initiatives focused on anti-doping education, prevention, and research, as well as facilitating exchange programs to foster knowledge sharing.
- Expert Exchange and Support: Encouraging the exchange of education officers, program managers, trainers, teachers, and specialists in the field of anti-doping education, and supporting anti-doping education activities through the services of experts.
- Anti-Doping Education Literature: Collaboratively producing educational materials and resources to raise awareness about anti-doping in sports.
India’s Commitment to Clean Sports Efforts
India’s contributions to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the UNESCO International Convention Against doping in Sport, highlights the nation’s strong intent to promote clean sports and strengthen anti-doping initiatives globally. As the current G20 Presidency holder, India aims to voice the concerns and perspectives of the Asian region to the world, emphasizing the importance of regional partnerships for the development of the sports sector and other areas of cooperation.
Key takeaways for competitive examinations
- NADA Headquarters: New Delhi;
- NADA Founded: 24 November 2005;
- Chairman of NADA: Anurag Thakur.