Nagaland has created history by becoming the first State Assembly in the country to implement the National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA) programme to become completely paperless. The Nagaland Assembly Secretariat has attached a tablet or e-book on each table in the 60 members’ assembly amid the ongoing Budget session.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the NeVA:
- NeVA is a work-flow system deployed on NIC Cloud, MeghRaj which helps the Chair of the House to conduct the proceedings of the House smoothly and to conduct Legislative Business of the House in a Paperless manner.
- NeVA is a device neutral and member-centric application created to equip them to handle diverse House Business smartly by putting entire information regarding member contact details, rules of procedure, list of business, notices, bulletins, bills, starred/unstarred questions and answers, papers laid, committee reports etc. in their handheld devices/ tablets and equip all Legislatures/Departments to handle it efficiently.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Nagaland Capital: Kohima;
- Nagaland Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio;
- Nagaland Governor: Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge).