Nagaland Prison Department goes digital by introducing the mobile attendance application for Prison staff. Advisor for Prisons, Printing & Stationery, H. Haiying launched the Prison staff Attendance App at the District Jail Kohima. The mobile app was initiated by the State Prison Department in collaboration with Excellogics Technology Solution Private Limited.
What is the aim of this app?
The Prison Staff Attendance is a mobile app along with an admin portal that aims to provide a comprehensive attendance management system that can make processes hassle-free and provide a seamlessly integrated system for monitoring and tracking the employee’s attendance.
About the biometric attendance system:
- The biometric attendance system which has been implemented in the state has its own problems and with this view, they came up with a new concept of introducing an attendance app through a QR code.
- This is a first step towards ensuring that the attendance in the jail is proper and keeping track of the staff who is attending the duty or not.
- Kohima jail has started implementing the system while Dimapur jail and other five jails of the state are being given the training and they will be asked to implement it in a week’s time.
- The Department has decentralized the application and exuded hope that it will deliver good results for the Department but also for the entire state of Nagaland.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Nagaland Capital: Kohima;
- Nagaland Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio;
- Nagaland Governor: Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge).