‘Nai Chetna’, is a month-long campaign envisioned as a ‘Jan Andolan’ or people’s movement. The ‘Nai Chetna’ campaign is launched by the Ministry of Rural Development and involves sensitizing women, especially in rural areas. It seeks to enable women to acknowledge, prepare, and take support in situations of comprise.
‘Nai Chetna’ Gender Campaign Launched by Ministry of Rural Development- Key Points
- The Union Minister described that the ‘Nai Chetna’ campaign focuses on women.
- Women in rural areas are unaware of the various mechanisms available to raise their concerns.
- The campaign has an idea to bring the issue of gender-based violence into focus and make women aware of their rights and the mechanism available to help redress their grievances.
- The ‘Nai Chetna’ campaign was launched on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against women on 25th November 2022.
- The campaign aims to raise awareness about the institutional mechanisms available for women to fight gender-based violence.