KVIC Chairman Shri Manoj Kumar inaugurated the ambitious Reducing Human Attacks using Honey Bees (Re-Hab) Project. Re-Hab Project was inaugurated under the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, Government of India).
Shri Manoj Kumar also distributed 330 bee boxes, bee colonies, and toolkits along with the honey extractor to the rural beneficiaries in Chausla village.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
KVIC Chairman Manoj Kumar Inaugurated RE-HAB Project- Key Points
- The Chairman of KVIC informed that the Re-Hab Project is running under the Khadi and Village Industries Commission which is under the guidance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Re-Hab Project is running in 7 states including Karnataka, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Assam, and Odisha.
- Fencing of Bee boxes on the routes of movement of elephants blocks the path of wild elephants.
- This was through the bees; elephants can be prevented from attacking humans and destroying farmers’ crops.
- The Re-Hab Project will be run by the KVIC at a selected location for a period of one year.
- The Chairman also informed that to realize the call of ‘Sweet Revolution’ by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide self-employment opportunities and increase the income of farmers, the Honey Mission Program is implemented under the Khadi and Gramodyog Vikas Yojana.
- The beneficiaries of the scheme are provided with 10 bee boxes, bee colonies, and toolkits after completion of the beekeeping training provided by KVIC.