The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated Honey Farmer Producer Organisation (FPO) Programme in five states, for producing honey. The Honey FPO Programme aims to address the issues faced by the beekeeping industry and also promote honey production in the country. This will also help in achieving the goal of increasing farmer’s income.
WARRIOR 4.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
These 5 FPOs will be set up by the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED). They will be set up at
- East Champaran (Bihar)
- Morena (Madhya Pradesh)
- Bharatpur (Rajasthan)
- Mathura (Uttar Pradesh)
- Sunderbans (West Bengal)
About Honey FPO Programme:
- The Honey FPO Programme has been launched under the Central Sector Scheme for Formation & Promotion of new 10,000 FPOs.
- The Government has approved 2,200 FPOs for the current financial year 2020-21.
- The task of creating these FPOs has been given to Nabard (600 FPOs), Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (500), National Cooperative Development Corporation (500) and NAFED which will support 50 commodity-specific FPOs and some State-level organisations.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chairman of NAFED: Bijender Singh.
- NAFED Founded: 2 October 1958.
- NAFED Headquarters: New Delhi.