At Alstom’s Savli project in Gujarat, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) will receive India’s first semi-high-speed train set for Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS). Manoj Joshi, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, will be present at the occasion.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The RRTS train sets are produced under the Make in India initiative and can reach a top speed of 180 kilometres per hour. The train will be transported to Duhai Depot in Uttar Pradesh, where it will be repaired and operated.
- Cushioned seating, laptop-mobile charging, luggage racks, and a dynamic route-map are among the modern commuter-centric features of the completely air-conditioned train.
- The NCRTC is in charge of putting India’s first RRTS corridor between Delhi and Meerut into action. The 82-kilometer-long route is now under construction.
- The 17-kilometer priority segment between Sahibabad and Duhai is expected to be operational by 2023, with the entire corridor completed by 2025.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs: Shri Manoj Joshi
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs: Shri Hardeep Singh Puri