In New Delhi, there was the fourth Synergy Conference between the Indian Army and the Defense Accounts Department (DAD). Senior commanders of the Indian Army and DAD attended the one-day meeting, which was co-chaired by Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCOAS) Lt Gen BS Raju and Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA) Shri Rajnish Kumar.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Deliberations on the AGNIPATH plan and the timeline for the prompt implementation of a system for pay and allowances for Agniveers were on the conference’s main agenda.
- Enhancing the performance of Pay and Accounts Offices (PAOs) for better service delivery to Junior Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of the Indian Army was another item on the agenda. Senior officers from both sides were consulted as concrete action plans for the future were developed.
- The CGDA agreed with the department’s goal of using technology to improve service delivery to the armed forces and to implement creative business process re-engineering to significantly alter the way that bills are processed and paid.
- He described the numerous DAD projects, including the future Centralized Pay System and DARPAN (Defence Accounts Receipt, Payment and Analysis). He also emphasised the importance of the Army’s cooperation in achieving the goals.
- The many initiatives being carried out by DAD were well received by the VCOAS. He encouraged DAD and top Indian Army officers to coordinate closely in order to resolve various internal audit and payment difficulties.
In order to facilitate decision-making and improve the management of the defence budget, he discussed the necessity of identifying the costing and expenditure profile for the units and formations. He acknowledged the significant contribution made by personnel of the Indian Defence Accounts Service in assisting the Indian Army in making vital financial choices and ensuring financial discipline through the Accounting and Audit Function.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCOAS): Lt Gen BS Raju
- Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA): Shri Rajnish Kumar
Find More News Related to Defence