The 17th campus of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in Panchkula was officially opened by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and Union Minister Piyush Goyal, who referred to it as the “fulcrum of development of the textile sector in the state.” According to Khattar, 20% of seats at this institute will be earmarked for people from Haryana in accordance with NIFT rules. He said that this campus’ foundation stone was set on December 29, 2016, by Smriti Irani, who was the Union Textiles Minister at the time.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The CM stated that the institute building, which was constructed across 10.45 acres of land in cooperation with the textile ministry, cost Rs 133.16 crore to build.
- The new NIFT campus will launch three online hybrid courses in photography for e-commerce, social media marketing, and digital designing for textiles.
- As part of the comprehensive training, developing co-curriculum with organisations like the National Institute of Design and the National Institute of Packaging can be considered.
- Similar to how IIM is known for management and IIT for engineering, NIFT has been recognised for fashion technology for the past 36 years.
- The Institute will provide two-year master’s degree programmes in fashion technology, design, and management in addition to four-year degree programmes in apparel production and fashion design/textile design.
- Additionally, there will be certificate programmes with durations of one year and six months.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister of Textiles, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution: Shri Piyush Goyal
- Chief Minister of Haryana: Shri Manohar Lal Khattar