The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari virtually laid the foundation stone for the first-ever multi-modal logistic park of India, at Jogighopa, in Bongaigaon district of Assam.
About Logistic park:
- The logistic park will provide direct connectivity to air, road, rail and waterways to the people of Assam and other parts of North East.
- The fund for the multi-modal logistics park would be spent in three components – road and railway connectivity as well as building and infrastructure work. It will also give employment to 20 lakh people.
- The overall cost of this project is around Rs 693.97 Crore and is being developed under the Bharatmala Pariyojana of the Central Government.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Assam: Sarbananda Sonowal; Governor: Prof. Jagdish Mukhi.
- Folk Dance of Assam: Bihu dance, Bagurumba, Bhortal Dance, Jhumur dance.