Nitish Kumar Takes Oath as Bihar CM for Record Ninth Time with BJP Support
In a significant turn of events ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Janata Dal-United (JDU) chief Nitish Kumar was sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister for the ninth time, breaking ties with the ‘Mahagathbandhan’ and securing support from the BJP. The swearing-in ceremony, held at Raj Bhavan in Patna, saw Bihar Governor Rajendra Arlekar administering the oath of office.
- BJP Support: Nitish Kumar, after dissolving his Cabinet and severing ties with the ‘Mahagathbandhan,’ secured the support of the BJP.
- Deputy Chief Ministers: Samrat Chaudhary and Vijay Kumar Sinha were appointed as Deputy Chief Ministers.
- Cabinet Ministers: Eight ministers, including representatives from both JD-U and BJP, were sworn in.
- PM Modi’s Congratulations: Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Nitish Kumar and the Deputy Chief Ministers, expressing confidence in their dedicated work for Bihar’s development.
- Nitish Kumar’s Assurance: Nitish Kumar asserted the permanence of his alliance with the NDA, dispelling any doubts about future political shifts.
- BJP’s Optimism: BJP national president JP Nadda expressed happiness over Nitish Kumar’s return to the NDA, foreseeing a strong performance in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Bihar.