The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has partnered with private sector lender YES Bank to launch first-of-its-kind ‘RuPay On-the-Go’ contactless payments solutions. The RuPay On-the-Go contactless solution is mainly a wearable payment solution, launched to enable customers to make small and large value transactions from accessories that they wear every day.
The solution would eliminate the need to carry a physical card, and customers can use the solution at RuPay contactless-enabled PoS at retail outlets and pay up to Rs 5,000 without the need for a PIN. The solution is based on a simple ‘Tap, pay, go’ mechanism. It has been launched in association with fintech infrastructure partner Neokred and manufacturing partner Seshaasai.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- National Payments Corporation of India MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe.
- National Payments Corporation of India Headquarters: Mumbai.
- National Payments Corporation of India Founded: 2008.
- YES bank HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- YES bank MD & CEO: Prashant Kumar.