NTPC Group Expands Installed Capacity to 72,304 MW with First Overseas Addition:
State-owned power conglomerate NTPC Group has achieved a significant milestone in the power sector by expanding its installed capacity to 72,304 MW. This growth includes the recent integration of the 660 MW Unit-1 of the Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant (MSTPP) in Rampal, Bangladesh, marking NTPC’s first overseas capacity addition.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Collaboration with Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company Pvt Ltd.:
The 1,320 MW (2×660) MSTPP project was executed in collaboration with the Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company Pvt Ltd. (BIFPCL), a foreign joint venture of NTPC Ltd. The successful completion of the project is evidence of NTPC’s power sector expertise and dedication to innovation and excellence.
Bolstering Economic and Social Ties between India and Bangladesh:
The MSTPP, a joint venture between NTPC and the Bangladesh Power Development Board, is expected to generate electricity for the Bangladeshi population while bolstering economic and social ties between India and Bangladesh. With this latest addition, NTPC’s commitment to providing reliable and sustainable power both domestically and abroad has been further reinforced.
Commitment to Reliable and Sustainable Power:
An NTPC official highlighted the project’s successful completion as evidence of the company’s commitment to reliable and sustainable power. NTPC’s expansion of installed capacity to 72,304 MW reflects its dedication to meeting the growing demand for electricity in India and beyond.
NTPC Limited is a public sector undertaking in the Indian power sector. Here are some key points about NTPC:
Established in 1975, NTPC is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- NTPC is the largest power company in India, with an installed capacity of 72,304 MW as of 2023.
- NTPC generates electricity through various sources, including coal, gas, hydro, solar, and wind.
- The company has a strong focus on sustainable and clean energy sources and aims to increase the share of renewable energy in its total capacity.
- NTPC has a presence in several countries, including Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal, through collaborations and joint ventures.
- Gurdeep Singh is the Chairman & Managing Director of NTPC Limited since 2016.
Also Read: Know Everything about the King Charles III coronation on May, 6, 2023