National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC), a PSU under Ministry of Power, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Bhopal, for the implementation of Narmada Landscape Restoration Project (NLRP). IIFM Bhopal is an Autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).
About the Narmada Landscape Restoration Project:
- The NLRP Project involves a grant in aid from NTPC Ltd and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in equal proportions.
- IIFM-Bhopal will be jointly implementing this project with the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) [Headquarter-Seoul, South Korea], an intergovernmental organization that promotes sustainable and inclusive economic growth in emerging economies.
- IIFM Bhopal will participate in the project with the grant-in-aid from NTPC, Ltd and GGGI will participate with funding support from USAID.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NTPC Founded: 1975.
- NTPC Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
- Director of IIFM: Pankaj Srivastava.