NTPC Kanti, as part of its CSR initiative, has launched the Girl Empowerment Mission (GEM)-2023, a four-week residential workshop program aimed at empowering 40 underprivileged rural girls from the Kanti block. This program, organized for the first time by NTPC Kanti, seeks to provide academic training, skill development, and overall personality enhancement to the participants.
Inauguration and Objectives:
The GEM program was inaugurated by DSGSS Babji, Regional Executive Director, East – I NTPC Ltd, and K.M.K Prusty, Head of Project, NTPC Kanti. The workshop aims to prepare the girl students to become well-rounded individuals, instilling curiosity and developing better communication and social skills.
Selection and Participants:
Eight students have been selected from five schools in the Kanti Block to participate in the GEM-2023 program. These girls come from underprivileged backgrounds, and the workshop offers them an opportunity to enhance their educational and life skills.
The four-week residential workshop program will encompass various components to empower the participants:
Academic Training: The girls will receive academic training to improve their educational foundation and expand their knowledge in different subjects.
- Skill Development: The participants will be exposed to various skill sets, including soft skills, life skills, communication skills, and computer applications, to equip them for future endeavors.
- Personal Growth: The workshop will focus on holistic development, offering sessions on meditation, yoga, self-defense, and sports activities to enhance physical and mental well-being.
Extra-Curricular Activities: The participants will engage in a range of extra-curricular activities, fostering creativity, teamwork, and leadership skills.
Impact and Future Prospects:
NTPC Kanti aims to bring about a positive change not only in the lives of the participating girls but also in their families and the entire society. By empowering these girls and nurturing their confidence and enthusiasm, the program strives to create a ripple effect of transformation within the community.
DSGSS Babji, Regional Executive Director (East-I), NTPC, expressed gratitude to the teachers, parents, and headmaster for their support in this noble initiative. KM Prustyi, Project Head, NTPC Kanti, believes that the GEM program will leave a lasting impact, leaving the participants with heightened confidence and enthusiasm.
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana: Revolutionizing Healthcare Access in India
- National Mission on Advanced and High-Impact Research (MAHIR)
- Bima Vahak Scheme: Ensuring Financial Security through Insurance
- Leadership Development Programme in Science & Technology: Nurturing Next Gen Scientific Leaders