NTPC Ltd., India’s largest power generator is set to construct the country’s single-largest solar photovoltaic project at Rann of Kutch region in Khavada, Gujarat. The solar power park will have a capacity of 4.75 Gigawatt (Gw)/4750 MW. The project will be constructed through NTPC’s renewable energy arm, NTPC Renewable Energy (NTPC-REL).
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the project:
- NTPC REL, a 100% subsidiary of NTPC, received approval from the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) on 12 July 2021 under Mode 8 (Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Park) of the Solar Park Scheme.
- The project is a part of NTPC’s plan to transform itself into a green energy major. It aims to build 60 GW Renewable Energy Capacity by 2032.
- NTPC REL also plans to generate green hydrogen on a commercial scale from this park. Hydrogen produced from renewable sources is called green hydrogen.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NTPC Chairman and Managing Director: Shri Gurdeep Singh;
- NTPC Founded: 1975.
- NTPC Headquarters: New Delhi, India.