Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Football for All’ in the state to take the culture of football to the grassroots. The Programme has been initiated by FIFA in Odisha in partnership with the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) & Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS).
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Under the initiative:
- Over 43,000 footballs will be distributed to children in about 2000 schools. This is the first such programme of FIFA in India that aims at promoting football among school children.
- Joining the programme on a virtual platform, Patnaik said that football is the most popular game and brings together people across the globe.
- FIFA for choosing Odisha for this programme and appreciated the role of Achyuta Samanta, founder of KIIT-KISS, in bringing this programme to Odisha.
- Patnaik looked forward to future partnerships with FIFA for the development of football in Odisha. Director of ‘Football for Schools’, FIFA, Fatimata Sow Sidibe, joining the virtual platform, appreciated the role of the Chief Minister and Odisha government for the promotion of sports in Odisha.
- On this occasion, the Sports Minister presented footballs to students of Unit-9 Girls’ High School and Capital High School, Bhubaneswar.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar;
- Odisha Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik;
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.