In a bid to ensure complete eradication of anaemia problem among women and children in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched AMLAN- ‘Anaemia Mukta Lakhya Abhiyan’ in the state. The state has formulated a multi-pronged approach for accelerated reduction of anaemia among targeted groups. The programme will be rolled out in 55,000 government and government aided schools and 74,000 Anganwadi Centres across the state.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the AMLAN:
- The programme will be implemented with joint efforts of several departments including Health and Family Welfare, School and Mass Education, Women and Child Development, Mission Shakti and ST and SC Development Department.
- With intensive focus on public health schemes, Odisha has shown improvement in many health indicators like immunization, infant mortality rate, maternal mortality ratio, infant and young child feeding practices, and under-nutrition.
- However, anaemia remains a major public health challenge across the country. The chief minister urged the concerned departments and on-field service providers to work in a concerted manner for the successful implementation of AMLAN for achieving Anemia Mukta Odisha.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Odisha Governor:Ganeshi Lal;
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar;
- Odisha Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik.