Agricultural and Process Food Export Development Authority (APEDA) is participating in the 28th edition of Gulfood 2023 which will be held in UAE. India has been participating in GULFOOD which is a platform that connects food and beverage sectors around the globe, providing ample opportunities to Indian exporters.
The India Pavilion was inaugurated by Pashupati Kumar Paras, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries along with Ambassador of India H. E. Sunjay Sudhir, Dr. M Angamuthu, Chairman, APEDA, Shri Sanoj Kumar Jha, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Mr. Muktanand Agarwal, Director, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmer’s Welfare, officers of APEDA, Indian Embassy, CGI, other stakeholders from Centre & State & exporters.
Pashupati Kumar Paras Inaugurated India Pavillion Gulfood 2023 in Dubai- Key Points
- APEDA is organizing promotions, tasting campaigns, sampling of millet products & biriyani, arranging B2B interactions between start-ups, and exporters with identified Supermarkets, and awareness cum capacity-building programs.
- There are for Startups, FPOs, and Exporters in Millets producing States, mobilizing start-ups for export promotion of value-added products in the Ready-to-Eat (RTE) and Ready-to-Serve (RTS) categories such as flour, noodles, pasta, flakes, pancakes, ready to eat breakfast cereals mix, biscuits, cookies, snacks, sweets, ready to cook mixes like dosa, idly, khichri, daliya, etc.
- In Gulfood organized from 20th to 24th February 2023, there is the participation of 5000 companies from 125 countries.
- In the International Year of Millets (IYOM) 2023, India is participating in GULFOOD with the theme focused on the export promotion of millets and its value-added products.
- Indian Pavilion is promoting around 100 delegations of exporters. A Millet gallery has been prepared to showcase Millets and its products by the start-ups and new entrepreneurs to provide them a platform to showcase their quality products.
- APEDA has signed an MoU with the Government of UAE through its nodal agency Al Dhara Holding SP LLC for procurement of food and food products from India as well as to sell to buyers in UAE.
India at Gulfood 2023
The Indian pavilion at Gulfood 2023 is one of the largest pavilions at the show to cater food product exports to more than 125 countries participating in the event. In an area of appx 600 sq. mt, more than 50 Indian exporters from different categories like women entrepreneurs, Start-ups, merchants, and manufacturers showcasing agricultural, dairy, pulses, and meat-based produce with a focus on Millet and its products through APEDA pavilion, are being showcased. Over the years APEDA has participated in Gulfood and brought a strong contingent of suppliers from the Indian diaspora.
- First nuclear plant of North India to be built in Haryana
- Khalistan Tiger Force and Jammu and Kashmir Ghaznavi Force were declared as terrorist organisations