Paytm has launched India’s 1st Pocket Android POS (Point of Sale) Device named ‘Paytm All-in-One Portable Android Smart POS’ for contactless ordering and payments in India. This is the first such Android-based device to be introduced in India and is much more powerful than the portable Linux based POS devices presently available in the country. It is an effort to digitise and empower a large number of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The company aims to issue over 2 lakh devices within the next few months which will generate over 20 million transactions per month.
About the Device
- The device is integrated with the ‘Paytm for Business’ app to generate GST compliant bills and also to manage all transactions & settlements.
- Besides this, Paytm for Business app also helps merchants to avail of numerous business services and financial solutions such as loans, insurance, and Business Khata to manage digital ledger of all their transactions including udhaar, cash, and card sales.
- It also has a merchandise store on the app offering Paytm All-in-One QR integrated utility items such as soundbox, calculator, power bank, clock, pen stands, and radio.
- It works with 4G SIM cards, Wi-Fi and has Bluetooth connectivity to ensure payments never fail and stays round the clock connected with all of Paytm’s bouquet of services.
- The device weighs 163 grams, is 12mm thick, and has a 4.5-inch touch screen. It comes bundled with a powerful processor, all-day battery life, and an inbuilt camera to scan QR codes and instantly process payment.
- It claims to offer many industry-first features & services including cloud-based software for billing, payments, and customer management.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Paytm founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
- Paytm Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Paytm founded: 2010.