Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the nation on 7th August to deliver his speech on the New Education Policy 2020. PM’s speech began with address at the conclave on ‘Transformational Reforms in Higher Education under National Education Policy’ is being organised by the University Grants Commission and Ministry of Education.
The new National Education Policy was approved in the Cabinet on July 29. It replaces 34-year-old National Policy on Education framed in 1986 and is aimed at paving the way for transformational reforms in school and higher education systems to make India a global knowledge superpower.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: WARRIOR 2.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
Key highlights and updates on PM’s speech:
- National Research Foundation will work closely with National Educational Technology Forum (NETF) to enable scientific steps to include technology in the education system.
- K Kasturirangan, an Indian space scientist who has played a crucial role in drafting the New Education Policy 2020.
- National Education Policy was approved after extensive discussions over 3-4 years and deliberation over lakhs of suggestions
- New Education Policy is the foundation of strengthening the 21st century India. Every student will be future-ready and will contribute to nation-building.
- The holistic approach was needed to improve education in India and NEP is doing this successfully.
- Multidisciplinary course Multiple entry and exit options will allow the students to study what they want to study and how much to study. Students can leave the course whenever they want.
- Students can re-skill and upskill. NEP allows the student to learn the skill they are interested in.
- India has the capacity to provide talent and technology to the world. Technology has given us the medium to reach even the last person in the country. Technology will help in better content and course.
- New education policy will help curb the gap between education and research.
- Government has started giving autonomous status to various institutions. We will give autonomy to many more institutions in future.
- NEP focusses on upskilling of teacher and teacher-training. When a teacher learns, a nation leads.