Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the ‘Kisan Drone Yatra’, an initiative by Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd and flagged off 100 ‘Kisan Drones’ in various cities and towns across India to spray pesticides in farms across the states of India. The 100 Kisan Drones were set off in 100 villages in 16 states across India which includes Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Goa.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The farmers can use the high capacity Kisan drones to transport their produce such as fruits, vegetables and flowers to markets in a minimal time and boost their income.
- While Inaugurating, PM addressed the farmers in Manesar, Haryana. The Kisan Drone Yatra was flagged off from the Manesar in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- The Kisan Drones will also be promoted for crop assessment, digitization of land records and spraying of insecticides and nutrients.
- Garuda Aerospace has set a target of manufacturing two lakh drones in the next two years and this will provide ample employment to youth.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd Founder and CEO: Agnishwar Jayaprakash;
- Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd Headquarter: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.