Prime Minister Narendra Modi marked a historic moment as he unveiled Phase 1 of the India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC), aptly named ‘Yashobhoomi.’ This state-of-the-art facility, constructed at a cost of Rs 5,400 crore, promises to redefine the landscape of meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE) on a global scale.
Yashobhoomi stands as a testament to India’s commitment to world-class event hosting, boasting an expansive project area of over 8.9 lakh square metres and a built-up area exceeding 1.8 lakh square metres.
World’s Largest MICE Facility
Among the world’s largest MICE facilities, ‘Yashobhoomi’ has been meticulously designed to accommodate diverse needs and preferences.
Key Features of Yashobhoomi Convention Centre
1. Comprehensive Convention Centre
- The convention centre spans more than 73,000 square metres and encompasses 15 convention rooms, including the main auditorium, the grand ballroom, and 13 meeting rooms.
- These facilities collectively offer a remarkable capacity, capable of accommodating up to 11,000 delegates.
2. Cutting-Edge Technology
- Yashobhoomi sets a technological benchmark with the largest LED media facade in the country, enhancing visual experiences and communication.
3. Plenary Hall
- The plenary hall within the convention centre stands out with seating for approximately 6,000 guests, providing a grand setting for significant events.
4. Innovative Seating
- The auditorium introduces an innovative automated seating system, transforming the flat floor into an auditorium-style tiered seating arrangement, adaptable for various seating configurations.
5. Grand Ballroom
- The Grand Ballroom, capable of hosting around 2,500 guests, offers a splendid ambience for prestigious gatherings.
- An extended open area adjoining the ballroom accommodates up to 500 people, ensuring ample space for networking and socializing.
- Yashobhoomi is seamlessly connected to the Delhi Airport Metro Express line, thanks to the inauguration of the ‘Yashobhoomi Dwarka Sector 25’ metro station.