Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the “Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission” on October 25, 2021, from his parliamentary constituency Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. The Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission is one of the largest pan-India schemes for strengthening healthcare infrastructure across the country and is in addition to the National Health Protection Mission (Ayushman Bharat Yojana).
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the scheme:
- Total outlay of the scheme: Rs. 5,000-crore
- Purpose: to address gaps in public health infrastructure, with a focus on critical care facilities and primary care in both urban and rural areas.
- Benefit: The scheme shall strengthen India’s ability to fight and contain outbreaks of diseases in the future.
- Under the scheme, 17,788 rural health and wellness centres in 10 high focus states will get the support of the scheme.
- For an urban areas, 11,024 urban health and wellness centres will be established in all the states.
- Apart from this, a national institution for one health, four new national institutes for virology, a regional research platform for WHO South-East Asia Region, nine biosafety level-III laboratories, five new regional national centres for disease control will also be set up.