Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ‘Lifestyle for the Environment (LiFE) Movement’, a global initiative, and asserted that its vision is to live a lifestyle that is in tune with our planet and does not harm it. The launch initiated ‘LiFE Global Call for Papers’ inviting ideas and suggestions from academics, universities and research institutions etc to influence and persuade individuals, communities and organisations across the world to adopt an environment-conscious lifestyle.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The idea of LiFE was introduced by the Prime Minister during the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties COP-26 in Glasgow last year.
- The idea promotes an environment conscious lifestyle that focuses on mindful and deliberate utilisation instead of mindless and destructive consumption.
- Mission LiFE borrows from the past, operates in the present and focuses on the future.
Participants were present on the occasion:
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Bhupender Yadav, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
- The programme also witnessed participation of Co-Chairman Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Bill Gates.
- Climate Economist Lord Nicholas Stern.
- Author of Nudge Theory Prof. Cass Sunstein.
- CEO and President World Resources Institute Aniruddha Dasgupta.
- UNEP Global Head Ms. Inger Andersen.
- UNDP Global Head Achim Steiner.
- World Bank President David Malpass among others.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here