PM Modi to inaugurate Rs 29,000-cr projects: During his two-day visit to Gujarat, which is nearing election day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate a number of infrastructure and development projects totaling more than Rs 29,000 crore. The first CNG (compressed natural gas) terminal in the world is scheduled to be inaugurated, together with phase 1 of the Ahmedabad Metro and phase 1 of the Diamond Research and Mercantile (DREAM) City in Surat, according to a statement released by the Gujarati government.
PM Modi Scheduled Inaugurations on Gujarat Tour
- The PM will open the 36th National Games, which are being staged for the first time in Gujarat, and flag off the Gandhinagar-Mumbai Central Vande Bharat Express train while on the journey.
- Following the unveiling of projects totaling Rs 3,400 crore, including the first phase of DREAM City, Modi will address a crowd in Surat’s Limbayat neighbourhood on September 29.
- After Surat, the PM will travel to Bhavnagar to officially kick off projects totaling about Rs 6,000 crore, which includes laying the cornerstone for the first CNG terminal in the world and a brownfield port.
- In addition, at a grand event in the Narendra Modi stadium in Ahmedabad’s Motera neighbourhood, PM Modi will formally declare the 36th National Games open.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Gujarat Chief Minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
- Gujarat Capital: Gandhinagar
- Gujarat Governor: Acharya Devvrat