Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch the world’s longest river cruise, “Ganga Vilas” from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to Dibrugarh, Assam on 13th January 2023. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has informed us that all preparations for the arrival of the Prime Minister and the launch ceremony in Varanasi should be finished.
PM Modi to Launch World’s Longest River Cruise “Ganga Vilas”- Key Points
- The “Ganga Vilas” cruise will travel 3,200 kilometers from Uttar Pradesh to Dibrugarh.
- It will make stops at more than 50 significant architectural locations including World Heritage Sites, as it will travel through rivers of India and Bangladesh.
- The Sundarbans Delta and Kaziranga National Park are only two of the national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
- The Ganga Vilas cruise, which departed Kolkata on December 22 with 32 Swiss visitors abroad, will arrive in Varanasi on 6th January.
- According to the Director of Ganga Vilas Cruises, Raj Singh, Swiss visitors will travel to Varanasi and explore the city’s spiritual and religious sites.
- On November 11, the cruise schedule was revealed by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- The Uttar Pradesh government was striving to improve the amenities for visitors to Varanasi.