Pranay Kumar Verma, an experienced diplomat and IFS official from the 1994 batch, has been chosen to serve as India’s next High Commissioner to Bangladesh. He is currently the ambassador of India to Vietnam. The Delhi-based Ministry of External Affairs made this announcement. Vikram Doraiswami, the current High Commissioner of India to the UK, is rumoured to be taking over, thus he is expected to start the job soon in his stead.
- In addition to Washington DC, Ambassador Pranay Kumar Verma has held diplomatic positions in Kathmandu, Hong Kong, San Francisco, and Beijing.
- He worked at the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi as the Joint Secretary of the East Asia Division.
- He also handled India’s nuclear diplomacy as the Joint Secretary for External Relations at the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Sandeep Arya, an IFS officer from the 1994 batch, has also been named as India’s new ambassador to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- Sandeep Arya is currently employed by the Ministry of External Affairs as an Additional Secretary.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister of External Affairs of the Government of India: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar