The Punjab Sports Department will host the Punjab Khed Mela, which will feature 30 sporting activities in six age divisions for competitors between the ages of 14 and 60. The event’s goals are to find talent, create a welcoming environment for sports, and raise public awareness of health. There will be competitions in the age ranges of 25 to 40, 40 to 50, and 50 to 60 in addition to the previously conducted under-14, under-17, and 17 to 25 age groups.
- On August 29, National Sports Day, the Punjab Khed Mela, which will take place from the block to the state level, will officially begin. Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer made this announcement in Chandigarh.
- According to the Minister, Khed Mela Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann would be present for both the opening and closing ceremonies.
- Three lakh Punjabi athletes are expected to take part in the Sports Mela, according to the sports minister.
- The victors of the sanctioned sporting events will be given grades in their particular sports, and the state-level winners will also get certificates and monetary awards totaling five crore rupees.
- Athletics, Weightlifting, Badminton, Cricket, Cycling, Shooting, Archery, Bodybuilding, Fencing, Gymnastics, Rowing, Football, Softball, Hockey, Netball, Handball, Kick Boxing, Judo, Archery, Kabaddi, Gatka, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Boxing, Swimming, Wrestling, and Tug of War are just a few of the sports in which competitions will be held.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Punjab Sports Minister: Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Chief Minister of Punjab: Bhagwant Mann