The Health and Family Welfare Ministry has recently formed a technical expert group to study the adverse findings from the National Family Health Survey-5. The Ministry has set up the technical committee of medicine and nutrition experts under the leadership of Joint Secretary Preeti Pant.
About National Family Health Survey-5:
- The expert group also includes State programme officers from Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Karnataka.
- The committee will examine the findings of the National Family Health Survey-5 as well as suggest policies and courses of action to improve on indicators related to anaemia, malnutrition, C-section, and stunting.
- The newly formed technical expert group will conduct meetings regularly and will provide its recommendations soon.
- As of now, no meeting has been held and no date has been finalized for the first meeting.
National Family Health Survey-5:
- The factsheet of the 1st phase of National Family Health Survey-5 was released in December 2020.
- The sheet covered 22 States/UTs and provided information on 131 indicators like family welfare, population, nutrition, reproductive and child health, etc.
- Before the National Family Health Survey-5, four surveys have been conducted in the years 1992–93, 1998–99, 2005–06, and 2015–16.
- All the NFHS rounds were conducted by the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai.