National Service Scheme Awards 2020-21: On September 24, at Rashtrapati Bhavan, President Droupadi Murmu presented the National Service Scheme NSS Awards for the 2020–21 academic year, according to a release from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. 42 prizes in total were given out. The recipients of the honours were two institutions, ten NSS units, their programme officers, and thirty NSS volunteers.
National Service Scheme Awards 2020-21: Key Points
- Anurag Singh Thakur, the Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Nisith Pramanik, the Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports, and Sanjay Kumar, the Youth Affairs Secretary, were also present in the 2020–21 National Service Scheme Awards.
- The National Service Scheme Award is given out annually by the Department of Youth Affairs of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Awards are given out to recognise and honour exceptional achievements to volunteer community service with the goal of advancing NSS throughout the nation.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
- Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports: Shri Nisith Pramanik
- Youth Affairs Secretary: Shri Sanjay Kumar