The President of India Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the 18th National Jamboree of the Bharat Scouts and Guides at Pali, Rajasthan on 4th January 2023. The President of India noted that the Bharat Scouts and Guides is the largest voluntary, non-political, uniformed youth organization and educational movement in the country.
The Bharat Scouts and Guides work for the character-building of boys and girls without any distinction of creed, race, or gender. The organization is working with a spirit of dedication and service which promotes the welfare of humanity.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
President Murmu inaugurates the 18th National Jamboree of the Bharat Scouts and Guides in Rajasthan – Key Points
- In the 18th National Jamboree, over 35,000 scouts and guides from all over the country will participate.
- The 18th National Jamboree will be held from 4th January 2023 to 10th January 2023 in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan is hosting the National Jamboree of the Bharat Scouts and Guides after 66 years.
- To accommodate the participants, a smart Village has been set up with all the facilities on a 220-hectare area at Nimble Village and 3500 hundred tents have been erected at the venue.
- President Droupadi Murmu said that during the COVID-19 pandemic, Bharat Scouts and Guides have shown exemplary courage in serving society.
- Scouts and Guides can play an important role in making people aware by adopting renewable energy, reducing their carbon footprint, and promoting sustainable development practices.
- The President also noted that Scouts and Guides must educate people about the importance of protecting biodiversity, maintaining the environmental balance, and promoting responsible tourism practices.
- India is considered a young country in the world, as youth are the builders of the future nation.