National Florence Nightingale Awards for 2022 and 2023
On June 22, 2023, the President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu, bestowed the National Florence Nightingale Awards for the years 2022 and 2023 to nursing professionals during a ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan. These prestigious awards were established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, in 1973 to honor the exceptional contributions made by nurses and nursing professionals to society.
National Florence Nightingale Awards for 2022
- ANM= Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife
- LHV= Lady health visitors
National Florence Nightingale Awards for 2023
Brief history of the National Florence Nightingale Awards
- Establishment: The National Florence Nightingale Awards were instituted in the year 1973 by the Indian government.
- Aim: The primary objective of these awards is to acknowledge and appreciate the remarkable work of nurses across India. The awards encourage and motivate nurses to continue their dedicated service and strive for excellence in patient care.
- Recognition: The National Florence Nightingale Awards are considered one of the highest honors in the nursing profession in India. They highlight the significant role nurses play in the healthcare system and recognize their selfless commitment to saving lives and promoting well-being.
- Selection Process: The selection of awardees is a rigorous and competitive process. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, invites nominations from various healthcare institutions, including hospitals, nursing schools, and medical colleges. The nominations are evaluated by a committee comprising eminent healthcare professionals.
- Award Ceremony: The ceremony is typically held in New Delhi and is attended by dignitaries, government officials, nursing professionals, and other stakeholders in the healthcare sector.
- Award Categories: The National Florence Nightingale Awards are presented in different categories to recognize various aspects of nursing excellence. These categories may include Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife, Lady health visitors and Nurse.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 50000/-, a certificate and a medal.