Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Integrated Simulator Complex (ISC) ‘Dhruv’ at the Southern Naval Command in Kochi on June 21, 2023. The ISC ‘Dhruv’ houses advanced, indigenous simulators designed to enhance practical training in the Indian Navy. This state-of-the-art facility is expected to provide real-time experience in navigation, fleet operations, and naval tactics, benefiting both Indian Navy personnel and trainees from friendly nations.
Cutting-Edge Simulators in ‘Dhruv’
The ISC ‘Dhruv’ features a range of modern simulators aimed at enhancing practical training for naval personnel. These simulators will enable trainees to gain hands-on expertise in various aspects of naval operations. Among the simulators showcased during the inauguration were the Multi-Station Handling Simulator (MSSHS), Air Direction and Helicopter Control Simulator (ADHCS), and Astronavigation Dome.
Advanced Ship Handling Simulators for Export
The ISC ‘Dhruv’ also boasts Ship Handling Simulators produced by (Applied Research International) ARI Pvt Ltd, New Delhi. These simulators have gained recognition on a global scale, as they have been exported to 18 countries. The export of these technologically advanced simulators not only demonstrates India’s self-reliance (Aatmanirbhar Bharat) in defence production but also highlights the nation’s potential as a significant player in defence exports.
Astronavigation Dome: A First in the Indian Navy
The Astronavigation Dome, developed by Infovision Technologies Pvt Ltd, is a unique addition to the Indian Navy’s training infrastructure. This dome offers specialized training in astronavigation, a critical skill for naval personnel. Its introduction showcases the Indian Navy’s commitment to adopting advanced technologies and methodologies to strengthen its capabilities.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat and Export Potential
The development of these indigenous simulators within the ISC ‘Dhruv’ reflects the spirit of the ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ (self-reliant India) initiative. These cutting-edge simulators, designed and manufactured within the country, not only meet the Indian Navy’s training needs but also hold tremendous potential for defense exports. The Ship Handling Simulators produced by ARI Pvt Ltd have already gained significant traction in the international market, underscoring India’s prowess in defense technology.
About defence ministry
- It is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the Indian Armed Forces.
- It provides the policy framework to the Armed Forces to discharge their responsibilities in the context of the defence of the country.
- Union minister of defence ministry is Rajnath Singh and it is headquartered in New Delhi.
About Applied Research International
- ARI is a global leader in the design and development of high-specification sophisticated simulation systems used in training, screening, and feasibility analysis and process development.
- CEO & Managing Director of ARI is Mr. Shravan Rewari.