Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi addressed his countrymen and announced the extension of lockdown until 3rd of May 2020. This measure has been taken by the Government of India in order to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in the nation. The lockdown was initially implemented in India from 25th March 2020 and was scheduled to end on 14th April 2020.
Prime Minister of India appealed the countrymen to stay indoor as much as possible to stop the outspread of COVID-19 in India.
Here are the key takeaways from the PM’s speech:
- PM announced that a strict monitoring of all the hotspots and containment zones will be done by the government.
- Till 20th April 2020, every district will be monitored over the number of hotspots and from 20th April, keeping in mind the situation at that time, several restrictions will be withdrawn by the government in few districts.
- The withdrawal of the restrictions will be conditional i.e. if the development of hotspot is observed, the restrictions will be further imposed, hence removing all the relaxations.
During his address to the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi also urged the Indian citizens to follow the below 7 points to help the country in fighting the COVID-19 outbreak:
- To take care of the aged people, specially those who are suffering from any disease.
- To obey the rules of lockdown and maintain the practice of social distancing.
- Stressed on the usage of home made face masks.
- Encouraged people to follow the Ayush Ministry’s guidelines in order to increase the immunity.
- He urged the citizens to use Aarogya Setu App and also appealed to encourage others to do the same in order to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- To help and care the poor families wherever possible.
- In businesses, he urged the employers to not cut jobs.
- To respect the corona warriors i.e. the doctors, nurses, sanitation workers.
You can watch the complete speech of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the video by PMO News: