The Gujarat International Finance-Tec City (GIFT City) in Ahmedabad is home to the Deutsche Bank AG’s IFSC Banking Unit (IBU), which was opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The IBU will first offer financial products in the areas of trade finance, fixed income, and currencies, according to Deutsche Bank AG. According to a release, the IBU will offer all authorised international finance products to Deutsche Bank‘s clients in India and abroad. Additionally, it will enable cash pooling and other deposit proposals for Indian and foreign clients within the parameters of the current regulations.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Deutsche Bank’s IBU will help its top clients obtain external commercial borrowing (ECB) financing and provide products including factoring and bank guarantees, all of which are anticipated to aid international clients in improving supply chain efficiency and lowering financing costs.
- The securities services offering will also serve all asset classes, including equities, fixed income, commodities, and derivatives, and will help increase investment flows.
- In order to help MSMEs (micro, small, and medium-sized businesses) grow internationally, Deutsche Bank intends to provide trade credit solutions.
- The GIFT City IBU will give the bank the ability to offer liquidity in INR to foreign investors and foreign corporations with exposure to India on a 24/7 basis.
More About Deutsche Bank:
With its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, Deutsche Bank AG is a multinational investment bank and provider of financial services that is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Presence and Capital:
The bank has operations in 58 nations, with a major presence in Asia, Europe, and the America. By total assets and market capitalization, Deutsche Bank ranked 63rd and 21st, respectively, in the world as of 2020. It is a part of the DAX stock market index because it is the largest German banking organisation. The Financial Stability Board views this bank as one with systemic importance.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Bank Group, India: Kaushik Shaparia
- CEO of Deutsche Bank, Asia Pacific and Member of the Management Board: Alexander von zur Muehlen