Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Aadi Mahotsav on 16th February 2023 at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi. This was announced at a media briefing by the Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda in New Delhi.
Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Renuka Saruta was also present on the occasion. Arjun Munda also informed that the Prime Minister will be given an overview of the products which will be on display at various stalls and will engage with the artisans and the craftsmen from the tribal communities.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated National Aadi Mahotsav – Key Points
- The Minister further informed that the Tribal Affairs Ministry is making all-out efforts to ensure full participation and involvement of the tribal communities in realizing the Prime Minister’s vision of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
- He also said that the emphasis on the organic production of products by the tribal communities can play a big role in combating the challenge of global warming.
- The Minister noted that an effort has been made to draw more and more artisans from remote areas producing lesser-known and unique items to come and take part in Aadi Mahotsav being organized across the country.
- He also added that the Aadi Mahotsav is a major platform to catapult the tribal products into national and international markets.
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation Limited (TRIFED) is engaging with top designers to ensure quality and contemporary designs in tribal products, at the same time maintaining their originality.
- The present edition of the flagship event of TRIFED has the theme of “A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Crafts, Culture, Cuisine, and Commerce”, which represents the basic ethos of tribal life.
- The festival will feature exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, handloom, paintings, jewelry, cane & bamboo, pottery, food & natural products, gifts & assortment, tribal cuisine, and much more through 200 stalls to showcase this.
- More than 1000 tribal artisans and artists from 28 States/UTs will be participating in the festival. This includes tribal cooks from 19 States/UTs for which 20 food stalls are being set up.
- Millets have been an integral part of the diet of tribal communities. United Nations, at the behest of the Government of India, has declared 2023 the International Year Millets.
- To commemorate this and create awareness and increase the production & consumption of tribal millets, tribal artisans from across the country are invited to display & sell millet products and cuisines.
India’s First AC Double Decker Electric Bus Introduced in Mumbai
Sarojini Naidu Birth Anniversary: Why is February 13 celebrated as National Women’s Day?